Monday, December 24, 2007

What the heck is a HUNDEGGER?

Do you know?


When I first heard that word I was working with Crown Point Cabinetry and the timber framer across the way had just purchased one. He wanted us to come over and see it......okay.....why not? Well, the hundegger is a quite impressive CNC cutting machine. Little did I know at that time that I would have a career change coming and would learn much more about timber framing.

As fate would have it (and great timing) I found my way to the Vermont Timber Works team. At Vermont Timber Works we do not have a Hungegger, and that's okay. Our crew handcrafts every frame to suit the particular needs of each client. Using classic timber framing tools like framing chisels, mortising machines, beam saws, peg drills, slicks and more.

So, if you are looking for something original and handcrafted just for you, call us.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting post, you guys build beautiful timber frames.